- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in the walnuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool; break into pieces. Yield: 3/4 pound.
Reviews for Cinnamon Walnut Brittle
Sort By :
I have made this 3 times already and people love it! I have never made brittle before and this was fantastic!I have been making it in a large glass measuring cup with a handle and that has made things easy to deal with. I will be making more before the holidays are over =^.^=
Very easy to make, love it!
Not very cinnamon tasting so I substituted cinnamon flavoring for vanilla. I omitted the walnuts. While its cooling I sprinkled red sugar & cinnamon red hots.
I needed something quick and easy for a gift but this wasn't it! It burned halfway through the second cooking of 21/2 min. My microwave is even less wattage than the recipe called for so I don't understand what happened!
Delicious! But took two to handle it.One to hold and tip the hot bowl while the other scraped. My daughter settled that problem by purchasing a large size measuring cup with a handle. That worked great!