Cinnamon Walnut Brittle
Seasoned with cinnamon, this spicy brittle is a great gift or family snack to munch while watching Christmas movies. Best of all, it goes together quick as a wink in the microwave.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl,
- combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3
- minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir
- in the walnuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture
- turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula.
- Cool; break into pieces. Yield: 3/4 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 57 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.