Cinnamon Twists Recipe
These delightful golden twists are perfect for a spring brunch or lunch. The brown sugar and cinnamon give them a delicate spicy flavor. It's a good thing the recipe makes a big batch, because people can rarely eat just one. —Janet Mooberry, Peoria, Illinois
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter, egg and remaining water; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch down dough. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Let dough rest for 6 minutes. Cut lengthwise into three 16-in. x 4-in. strips. Cut each strip into sixteen 4-in. x 1-in. pieces. Twist and place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 71 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC