I like to bake these tasty muffins fresh in the morning and share them with elderly neighbors who no longer bake for themselves. The farm where my husband and I live has been in my family for 110 years. In fact, I was born here!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about half full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Topped Rhubarb Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Cinnamon-Topped Rhubarb Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review