Cinnamon-Topped Rhubarb Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about half full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Topped Rhubarb Muffins
Sort By :
"I didn't have enough rhubarb, so I substituted 1 1/3 cups of chopped apples. The whole family loved them!"
"Moist, and delicious. I made it with whole wheat and sucanat and it was healthy as well as fantastic tasting. The fam loves them!"
"So yummy!!! I used mostly rhubarb but added diced strawberries to make up the 2 cups. I sprinkled with cin. & sugar before baking, but no butter and they were delicious! A new favorite!"
"I loved these, I used half strawberries and half rhubarb. Also only used 1/2 c of oil. so good I omitted the topping. (to keep calories down)"