Cinnamon-Toffee Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
Ever since I first tasted this rich dish full of goodness, I’ve been a bread pudding buff. It’s the ultimate in comfort. For a change, I substitute almond extract for vanilla.—Amber Massey, Coppell, Texas
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 croissants, torn into pieces
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in the croissants, toffee bits, pecans and chips; let stand for 15 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. For sauce, bring the sugar, cream and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 piece with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 747 calories, 36 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC