- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 croissants, torn into pieces
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in the croissants, toffee bits, pecans and chips; let stand for 15 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, bring the sugar, cream and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Cinnamon-Toffee Croissant Bread Pudding in Country Woman April/May 2010, p37
Reviews for Cinnamon-Toffee Croissant Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2012
"I thought the croissants had a slightly odd texture after baking it, but overall it was delicious! My boyfriend devoured half of the pan in two days."