- 2 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla. Add almonds; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread evenly into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 cups.
Reviews for Cinnamon Toasted Almonds
Sort By :
"Tastes just like the ones at the farmers market :-)"
"These did not turn out for me as written. I made them exactly as directed and they came out a gloopy mess. I ended up having to put them on new pans and bake them almost double the time and then they came out crunchy. The recipe fails to tell you that you need to use a slotted spoon to transfer the nuts to the baking sheets. Do not do what I did and just dump the mixture onto the pans. There is too much liquid and it does not evaporate during baking. I baked mine for a total of 50-60 minutes. I was pleased with the final texture but was not in love with the flavor. They are too savory for me. I was hoping for something much sweeter. Next time I will try them with 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. cinnamon and probably cut the vanilla down to 1 Tbsp."
"Love it made it and gave to coworkers for Christmas 2013 along with some of my other favorite nut recipes and it was a hit."
"This is a delicious recipe. My husband won't eat the almonds when he buys mixed nuts so I am left with lots of almonds. When I found this recipe, I was so happy. I could use up all the extra almonds. I made them today and they are a real winner. And, even more funny is the fact that my husband has been devouring them! I will definitely be making these again. They will make a nice hostess gift, too."
"Yummy. Yes they taste like the fair. So easy too"