Crunchy, cinnamon-glazed almonds are a spectacular treat to bring to a party or gathering. "They taste just like the ones you get at the fair," says Janice Thompson from Stacy, Minnesota.
- 2 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla. Add almonds; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread evenly into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Toasted Almonds in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p47
Reviews for Cinnamon Toasted Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review