Cinnamon Toasted Almonds Recipe
Crunchy, cinnamon-glazed almonds are a spectacular treat to bring to a party or gathering. "They taste just like the ones you get at the fair," says Janice Thompson from Stacy, Minnesota.
- 2 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla. Add almonds; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 2. Spread evenly into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 250 calories, 18 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC