Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- 2. Place half of bread mixture in four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 330 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
"This one's a hit! I pulled this out of an old issue of TOH and am so glad I did. Yes, it's a bit high on sugar, but that's probably why it's so good! For the occasional breakfast indulgence, this will definitely make a reappearance in my kitchen."
"This was delicious, but I'd like to cut down on the sugar next time. I used only 4 TB of butter and used Splenda for 2 of the TB of white sugar. Next time, I think I will use Splenda for all three and cut the brown sugar in half."
"Very tasty! It was a great breakfast and could have even passed for a sort of cobbler if you added ice cream like one reviewer said! I added a bit more cinnamon. The only downside is the portion sizes are very small."
"I subbed Splenda for the sugar and sourdough for the bread. VERY good!"
"I used 6 slices of honey wheat bread, decreased the butter to 4 tbsp. and increased the cinnamon to 1 tsp. I didn't have blueberries on hand, but had extra strawberries and blackberries so I used those. Topped with whipped cream or a little powdered sugar and this is incredible!"
"I made this in a small casserole instead of the individual ramekins. It was great! We had a little vanilla ice cream on top, Yum! I think I will try it with peaches and see how that works."
"So delicious!! I would decrease sugar just a tiny bit but I am afraid it may take away from how good this dish is"
"Made this for breakfast this morning-yummy! There were some modifications-I was making this for 2 so I decreased the bread by half, the butter to 2 tbsp, increased the cinnamon to a full tsp, and decreased the brown sugar to 1/2 cup. I kept the full amount of berries. It turned out great, the bread soaks up the juice from the berries and the cinnamon and sugar keep everything tasty. I put light whipped cream on the top and served with coffee. Definitely a keeper"