- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Place half of bread mixture in four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
"This one's a hit! I pulled this out of an old issue of TOH and am so glad I did. Yes, it's a bit high on sugar, but that's probably why it's so good! For the occasional breakfast indulgence, this will definitely make a reappearance in my kitchen."
"This was delicious, but I'd like to cut down on the sugar next time. I used only 4 TB of butter and used Splenda for 2 of the TB of white sugar. Next time, I think I will use Splenda for all three and cut the brown sugar in half."
"Very tasty! It was a great breakfast and could have even passed for a sort of cobbler if you added ice cream like one reviewer said! I added a bit more cinnamon. The only downside is the portion sizes are very small."
"I subbed Splenda for the sugar and sourdough for the bread. VERY good!"