It's a snap to stir together this warm blend of cinnamon, butter and store-bought syrup. "It's the perfect pancake topping," assures Janice Nightingale of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. With its cinnamon-sugar taste, it's terrific on French toast and waffles, too.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple pancake syrup
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat butter, syrup and cinnamon
- until butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Serve warm over pancakes,
- French toast or waffles. Yield: about 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 168 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.