Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread Recipe
Raisins give a delightful sweetness to this tender yeast bread, and cinnamon swirls beautifully through the slices. It makes terrific toast, too. -Ruth Crawford, Tucson, Arizona
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, potatoes, butter, sugar and salt. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add potato mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Fold in raisins. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangles to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- 3. Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled. Brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC