- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, potatoes, butter, sugar and salt. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add potato mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Fold in raisins. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangles to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled. Brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p39
Reviews for Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"This was one of the first yeast breads i made without assistance..it was fairly simple and oh so yummy! it is one of my family's favorites!"