- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
"Followed recipe and it was fantastic."
"If you love cinnamon this is for you"
"I've made this bread three times in the last week. I added 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. baking powder and increased the salt to 1 tsp. It's wonderful!"
"Delicious! My husband loves it. Followed recipe exactly. The only thing I had trouble with was the swirl part. So I just mixed the remaining sugar and cinnamon together with the dough in same bowl. Also instead of 3 tsp cinnamon I put 5 tsp cinnamon in. Also had to cook it the full 50 minutes. Will definitely make again."
"I like this very much however I am a gluten free cook so I added a few things to enhance this bread. Instead of vegetable oil I use coconut oil. I used a gluten free flower and I added walnuts, raisins, raw coconut and for my daughter dark chocolate chips. Today I will try stevia instead of my organic sugar. Great Morning Bread! Have fun with it and thanks for the good recipe."