Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread(11)
Sort By :
I have made this bread so many times now, and it has become one of my go-to recipes. I have so many family and friends who ask for this bread that I always double the recipe, to have one loaf to keep at home and one to give away. I love that, other than the buttermilk, this uses ingredients that I always have on hand (and I've substituted milk/vinegar for buttermilk occasionally, with great results). The only change I make to the recipe is to add most - at least 2/3 - of the cinnamon-sugar to the batter and leave less for sprinkling on top, as I find that most of the cinnamon falls off when I invert the pan to remove the loaf. Fantastic recipe and one I'll be using for years to come.
This is an awesome recipe to whip up at the last minute. It only takes a few minutes to mix and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand. You can even leave off the topping and it is still great.
This is so good! We enjoy making this for breakfast. My daughter made this for a 4-H Bake Off and mixed it all together, so no swirl but it was still delicious and prize winning! Make a double batch of the dry ingredients and freeze for another day!
Very good! I did change the 1/2 cup sugar for inside and on top to brown sugar. It is good both with white or brown sugar, however I find that the brown sugar doesn't fall off as bad as the white sugar. We have made this 3 times in the last week to give and to eat. Our 5 year old made one loaf for a friend with just a little help from mom :)
I am a new comer to preparing quick breads, this recipe is a keeper & will like to add raisons in my next batch.