Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
"I like this very much however I am a gluten free cook so I added a few things to enhance this bread. Instead of vegetable oil I use coconut oil. I used a gluten free flower and I added walnuts, raisins, raw coconut and for my daughter dark chocolate chips. Today I will try stevia instead of my organic sugar. Great Morning Bread! Have fun with it and thanks for the good recipe."
"This bread is delicious. Ok so maybe I totally changed it but YUM! I used whole wheat white flour, sugar in the raw (about half cup less than recipe) applesauce instead of oil. So a healthier version. My family loves it!! So tasty and moist."
"Enjoyed the swirled cinnamon but found the topping turned sticky and burned by the time the inside finished baking. Next time, I would try putting less of the cinnamon sugar on top."
"So easy and delish Ya'LL! I added 1 1/2 vanilla to bring the cinnamon flavor out even more. One could easily double, triple or quadruple this recipe and have a crowd over for brunch. Can not go wrong with this one!"
"Can this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread be frozen?"