- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
"This bread smells fantastic while baking. It's a simple recipe that will appeal to most....a great snack, dessert or breakfast dish. Planning to make again for a girls' coffee morning out. :) I like the lack of nuts or raisins, keeps it nice and easy!"
"I made this today, and it turned out very good! I used a packet of sugar free apple cider and cut the sugar in half. It is an easy recipe and quick!! I will make this again and again!"
"This was excellent! I used vanilla Greek yogurt instead of buttermilk, replaced with WW flour, added vanilla, 1/2 tsp baking powder, doubled the salt and replaced sweetener with evaporated cane juice! Ooh and skipped the glaze."
"I love this recipe. My husband loves it too. I followed the recipe as written. I will make it"
"Very good! I followed the recipe as written. I will make this again."