Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Recipe
While cinnamon bread is a natural for breakfast, we love it so much we enjoy it all day long. This is a nice twist on traditional cinnamon swirl yeast breads. —Helen Richardson, Shelbyville, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- 2. Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC