Cinnamon Swirl Kuchen Recipe
This is an old family recipe that we love to serve for breakfast or brunch. It's moist and keeps well, so you can make it a day ahead.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Combine milk and vanilla; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- 3. Pour one-third of batter into pan. Sprinkle half of remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with one-third of batter. Repeat with remaining cinnamon-sugar and batter. Smooth top with spatula. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC