- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine milk and vanilla; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Pour one-third of batter into pan. Sprinkle half of remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with one-third of batter. Repeat with remaining cinnamon-sugar and batter. Smooth top with spatula. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Swirl Kuchen in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p36
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Kuchen(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
Great flavor but a little dry. Next time I might try adding a bit of sour cream to add flavor and help keep the cake moist