Cinnamon-Swirl Coffee Ring Recipe
I first sampled this coffee cake at an inn that serves a marvelous breakfast for its guests. It has a pretty cinnamon swirl and a hint of cardamom flavor. I like to make it for my Thursday morning quilt group. -Stell Pierce, Franklin, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; gradually add to dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- 2. For filling, combine cottage cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3. Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with filling and remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC