- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; gradually add to dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with filling and remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Swirl Coffee Ring
"The cottage cheese and cream cheese makes it's so moist and the spices make it very flavorful! Definite keeper!! I might suggest blending the cottage cheese to minimize the size of the curds in the swirl layer."
"This is so moist and delicious! My family loves it and it's something I keep going back to. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!"
"I got raves on this from my 8 year old and my co-workers. I doubled the filling, used 1/2C of whipping cream in place of 1/2 the milk, and baked it about 30 minutes longer due to our high altitude, and it was a little too moist still, but I didn't want to burn the outside. So I'll probably have to tweek it a little more to get it firmer. But, good stuff!"
"Mmmm...this was good! The ground cardamom is what gave it such a great flavor. I'll be sure to make this one again! Thanks for sharing your amazing recipe!"