I first sampled this coffee cake at an inn that serves a marvelous breakfast for its guests. It has a pretty cinnamon swirl and a hint of cardamom flavor. I like to make it for my Thursday morning quilt group. -Stell Pierce, Franklin, Virginia
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; gradually add to dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with filling and remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Swirl Coffee Ring in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p31
Reviews for Cinnamon-Swirl Coffee Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review