Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread Recipe
Field editor Peggy Burdick of Burlington, Michigan sends the recipe for this lovely breakfast bread. She notes, "My aunt gave me the recipe for these pretty, rich-tasting loaves many years ago. I use my bread machine for the first step in the recipe.
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- 3. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 121 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC