Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
Your family will be impressed with the soft texture and appealing swirls of cinnamon in these lovely breakfast loaves shared by Diane Armstrong of Elm Grove, Wisconsin.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the dough. Roll up each rectangle from a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Cinnamon Swirl Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p42
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 1, 2012
Unfortunately my yeast didn't activate so it didn't rise like it was suppose to. However, it was still a big hit! Made it for my dad's birthday (becasue he LOVES cinammon)and got a big approving Mmmmmm! I would most definitely make this again :)