- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. Refrigerate icing from cinnamon rolls. Separate cinnamon rolls; press onto bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- For filling, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to apple mixture; toss to coat. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, place reserved icing in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until softened. Drizzle over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Apple Pie
"This pie was really good and my family loved it! Made exactly as written, except I only had 1 Tbsp of lemon juice so that is all I used. Out of the oven, I thought it looked like too much liquid but when I cut into it for our dessert tonight (a few hrs later) it was perfect - the pie pieces stayed intact as I cut & placed them onto the plates! Thank you very much for this recipe :)"
"Adriennemrushing: The person who submitted the recipe has tried it & her family likes it. You can tell by the ingredients whether or not it's for you."