Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe
This is my own sweet potato muffin recipe, and I make it often. My five grandchildren think these are a delicious treat. —Christine Johnson, Ricetown, Kentucky
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk egg, sweet potatoes and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
Freeze option: Freeze unglazed cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC