Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sweet potatoes and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins(32)
Sort By :
the taste was nice but the texture bad...i keep on putting it back into the oven and it still doesn't look ready. i baked it on 400 for the past half an hour or more and it still doesn't look ready...
A good recipe to try IF you realize the the 1 CUP of canola oil this recipe calls for is FAR too much. If you follow the recipe as printed, you'll end up with oily flour and sweet potato lumps.
Fortunately my wife and I were working together in the kitchen and when she said, " this seems like too much oil", we checked other similar recipes. Others have stated they use only 1/2 cup of oil or butter. Personally I can't stand the taste of Canola oil so we substitute like many others do. Once made correctly, the muffins come out fine, except a little too sweet for my taste.
These muffins are downright delicious! Just made a batch this afternoon and they're half eaten already. My entire family plus my son's schoolmate loved these. Simple, moist, flavorful and delicious. I made one small addition to the recipe by adding about a 1/2 tsp or so of ground ginger because I happen to like the flavor of ginger. This is a recipe I can see myself making time and again.
I followed the editors note for using all purpose flour, only used 1 cup of sugar, and used 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup canola oil. I threw in some dried cranberries to half of the batter and loved that addition! I did use the glaze, but didn't put the butter in it because I was lazy. I think next time, I'll just put some more of the sugar in the recipe and skip the glaze.
These are delicious. I cut the sugar in half and used brown sugar instead of white. I used a 1/2 cup of butter instead of the oil. This recipe made 12 medium size muffins. I skipped the glaze, they were plenty sweet already.