- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk egg, sweet potatoes and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
Freeze option: Freeze unglazed cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
Sort By :
"Since I love sweet potatoes I was anxious to try this. Like others I failed to read the recipe completely and only had all-purpose flour. I used that and added 1 heaping teaspoon of baking powder and a dash of salt. I also added some chopped walnuts. The batter was quite stiff, almost like cookie dough, so I added about 1/4 cup of milk. The muffins turned out perfect and are delicious. I didn't want the extra sweetness so left off the glaze. They are great with a cup of tea. I only made half a recipe so if you make the whole recipe the above amounts should be doubled."
"Ugh, just made these without reading reviews, and they are slimy in the center!!! Way too much oil. I remade with 1/2 cup of oil and added half a teaspoon of salt to cut the sweetness, added water to get to right consistency. I also added salt to the glaze to give it a salty sweet taste. As written, the recipe was unusable for me :("
"I forgot to read the reviews before I started all saying there was too much oil, so my muffins were made following the recipe exactly. They came out PERFECT. Very tasty and they held together beautifully, which maybe due to my altitude and low humidity area. I don't think they need the glaze as they are very sweet on their own. Here's my proof. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154448566085615&set=pcb.10154448566140615&type=1&theater"
"Wanted to give my son a healthy treat. I only used 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup of maple syrup as 1 cup of oil seemed too much. I also used more spices including nutmeg, ginger and cardamom. Delicious."
"Do not use Canola oil..Coconut oil is better for you, do research before cooking with any oil. I usecinnamon applesauce in place of canola oil.. :)"