Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
This is my favorite sweet potato recipe. I got it years ago and revised it to include cinnamon and cardamon. -Verona Wilder, Marble Hill, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash lemon juice
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and mash.
- 2. Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC