Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash lemon juice
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and mash.
- 2. Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 322 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole
"Excellent!!!!! We had it with Thanksgiving dinner, everyone loved it."
"I would make this again as a pie, with a little more sugar. The cardamon and lemon was a different twist that I liked."