This is my favorite sweet potato recipe. I got it years ago and revised it to include cinnamon and cardamon. -Verona Wilder, Marble Hill, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash lemon juice
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and mash.
- Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Casserole in Reminisce September/October 2002, p48
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2013
"Excellent!!!!! We had it with Thanksgiving dinner, everyone loved it."
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2012
"I would make this again as a pie, with a little more sugar. The cardamon and lemon was a different twist that I liked."