- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash lemon juice
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and mash.
- Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Casserole in Reminisce September/October 2002, p48
Reviews for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2013
"Excellent!!!!! We had it with Thanksgiving dinner, everyone loved it."
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2012
"I would make this again as a pie, with a little more sugar. The cardamon and lemon was a different twist that I liked."