Cinnamon-Sugar Scones Recipe
I bring these to every event--they’re always a huge hit. Kids love them, and moms like making them because they’re lighter than your average scone. If you have trouble finding cinnamon chips at the store, you can get them online. —Kathy Monahan, Jacksonville, Florida
- 3 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sugar or coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix Biscuit Baking Mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chips. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times.
- 2. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC