- 3 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sugar or coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix Biscuit Baking Mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chips. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-in. circle. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Scones
"These were really good and easy to make ."
"This is one of the best scone recipes I have ever made. I love that it's so easy and doesn't call for any whipping cream, which I usually don't have on hand. I have substituted sour cream for the vanilla yogurt sometimes without any problem. I love to drizzle some powdered sugar icing over the top after they have cooled a bit - it looks pretty and adds a little extra sweetness!"
"These light & airy scones are prefect for a brunch or to take to the office. Simple to make & delicious to boot. Highly recommend making these beauties."
"Forgot to say I used the heart healthy bisquick mix"
"I used any flavor yogurt I had on hand and used choc chips. Wonderful"