Cinnamon-Sugar Scones Recipe
- 3 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon-sugar or coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit baking mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chips. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-in. circle. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Scones(8)
Sort By :
These were really good and easy to make .
This is one of the best scone recipes I have ever made. I love that it's so easy and doesn't call for any whipping cream, which I usually don't have on hand. I have substituted sour cream for the vanilla yogurt sometimes without any problem. I love to drizzle some powdered sugar icing over the top after they have cooled a bit - it looks pretty and adds a little extra sweetness!
These light & airy scones are prefect for a brunch or to take to the office. Simple to make & delicious to boot. Highly recommend making these beauties.
Forgot to say I used the heart healthy bisquick mix
I used any flavor yogurt I had on hand and used choc chips. Wonderful
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >