Cinnamon-Sugar Rhubarb Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in rhubarb.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Rhubarb Cake(10)
Sort By :
Rhubarb...a favorite in our family...... in a buttermilk batter.. a wonderful cake. Easy, just right for spring!!
this cake is just so yummy its hard to stop at just one piece. definitely a keeper
Yum! Had to sub fresh strawberries for 1/2 the rhubarb & added 1 c. chopped walnuts. Love the cin/sug. crust and the moistness of the cake. Also added a tsp. of cinnamon to flour mix as I love cinnamon.
This cake was amazing! My 9 year old son asked if we could have seconds before I even finished my first piece. Crispy cinnamon pieces on top and soft and gooey cake. YU
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >