- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melted butter and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dip muffins in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Muffins
"This was my first time making cinnamon muffins. This recipe was very easy and they turned out great. Only thing I did differently was add cinnamon to the batter and made regular size muffins. I accidentally half melted my butter because I was trying to soften it in the microwave, and I wasn't sure if i messed up the recipe but thank goodness it didn't. The muffins were so smooth and moist. Just perfect!"
"My son, (who is an honest food critic,) and daughter, (who is a picky eater,) could not get enough of these muffins! They disappear VERY quickly."
"Delicious. They taste like cinnamon doughnuts."
"These are very tasty, and they quickly disappeared. However, they definitely didn't make 2 dozen."
"Super easy, not a lot of ingredients and what is on the list are items that most people have in the house already. The taste was excellent. I made these for our school lunches. I followed the recipe but made them into mini muffins. The girls loved them!"