Cinnamon-Sugar Crisps Recipe
This cookies are a favorite with children...and adults, too. These sweet and spicy refrigerator cookies go great with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. You won't be able to eat just one!—Kim Marie Van Rheenen, Mendota, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:42 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 66 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC