Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies
I get lots of compliments on these crunchy cookies. They're always part of my Christmas cookie platter.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1-1/2
- cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl,
- whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat
- into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into
- 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before
- removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.