Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies Recipe
I get lots of compliments on these crunchy cookies. They're always part of my Christmas cookie platter.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC