Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 95 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies
"Easy and yummy. A lot like snickerdoodles."
"Made them for a family dinner. Big hit. Love them."
"Plan to include these wonderful looking cookies for Christmas. I would offer *5* stars, however, no star rating appeared."
"These were a big hit at home and the office. I can't wait to make them for the holidays."
"My husband and I love these cookies! He can't stop eating them!"
"delicious and soft. they were easy to make and you can easily make 48, if not more. friends and family loved them, even the picky eaters!"