- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies
Sort By :
"Easy and yummy. A lot like snickerdoodles."
"Made them for a family dinner. Big hit. Love them."
"Plan to include these wonderful looking cookies for Christmas. I would offer *5* stars, however, no star rating appeared."
"These were a big hit at home and the office. I can't wait to make them for the holidays."
"My husband and I love these cookies! He can't stop eating them!"