- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
"I am on the fence with these cookies. The flavors are nice, however, they are a crispy, flaky cookie, not a soft cookie. I prefer soft, chewy cookies."
"These cookies are really good and melts in your mouth. This is the first time I ever baked cookies and everybody loves them. I am going to make another batch for the New Years Eve. I am so glad I found this recipe."
"These are good. You could add the cinnamon chips they now have, they taste great and a lot of cookies call for a cup of butter for the whole recipe divided out isn't that much, just share your cookies. It's the holidays, enjoy life and live a little!"
"The best of the best! Combining two of my favorite ingredients. Hit with family and hit for me."
"The family really enjoy them"