Cinnamon Stir Sticks Recipe
Our home economists use cinnamon sticks as holders for cute little lollipops that can be enjoyed alone or stirred into cider.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 30 cinnamon sticks (5 inches)
- 1. Using a pencil, draw ten 2-in. ovals on three sheets of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on baking sheets; chill until ready to use.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 325° or mixture is a golden amber color.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in oil (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately ladle mixture over ovals; press a cinnamon stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 60 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cinnamon Stir Sticks
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC