- Add the remaining sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat without stirring. Boil for 4 minutes
- without stirring. Continue to boil for 12-15 minutes, stirring
- constantly or until mixture is caramel-colored. Remove from the
- heat. Carefully stir in remaining cream until smooth; set aside to
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to the manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture
- until ready to freeze.
- In a large freezer container, layer a third of the ice cream, 1/2 cup
- caramel, 2/3 cup cinnamon buns and 3 tablespoons pecans. Repeat two
- times. Swirl mixture; freeze until firm. Serve with remaining
- caramel. Yield: 2-1/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup ice cream with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 425 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.