These cookies fill your home with an irresistible aroma as they bake. My grandmother made them every Christmas when I was a child. I have fond memories of helping her in the kitchen.
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour
- and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover
- and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with
- a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom
- of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.