Cinnamon Spritz Recipe
With lots of cinnamon flavor, these rich buttery cookies are similar to a classic Snickerdoodle. The dough is so easy to work with.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:54 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press chocolate chips into cookies as desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC