With lots of cinnamon flavor, these rich buttery cookies are similar to a classic Snickerdoodle. The dough is so easy to work with.
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press chocolate chips into
- cookies as desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2
Editor’s Note: A pastry bag fitted with a coupler and #32 star tip can be substituted for a cookie press. Pipe dough into concentric circles or shapes of your choice.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium,