Cinnamon Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press chocolate chips into cookies as desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 62 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Spritz
"I wouldn't soften the butter for spritz cookies, the texture won't come out right from the cookie press."