With lots of cinnamon flavor, these rich buttery cookies are similar to a classic Snickerdoodle. The dough is so easy to work with.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press chocolate chips into cookies as desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Spritz in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p148
Reviews for Cinnamon Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review