Cinnamon Spiral Bread Recipe
- 5-1/4 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, milk powder, brown sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Stir in raisins.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bow, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over rectangles to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if tops brown too quickly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Cinnamon Spiral Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p47
Reviews for Cinnamon Spiral Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review