- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small heavy saucepan, spread sugar; cook, without stirring, over medium-low heat until it begins to melt. Gently drag melted sugar to center of pan so sugar melts evenly. Cook, without stirring, until melted sugar turns a medium amber color, about 8 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, tilting to coat bottom of plate.
- In a large saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around side of pan; remove from heat. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, egg, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Slowly stir in hot cream. Pour into pie plate.
- Place pie plate in a larger baking pan. Place pan on oven rack; add very hot water to pan to within 1/2 in. of top of pie plate. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Immediately remove flan from water bath to a wire rack; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until cold, about 5 hours or overnight.
- Run a knife around edge and invert onto a rimmed serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Spiced Pumpkin Flan in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p135
Reviews for Cinnamon-Spiced Pumpkin Flan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review