The whole family will love this special treat that uses the microwave so it’s ready in a flash. Plus, it’s a delicious way to jazz up bananas and add more fruit to your diet. Janet Hommes — Surprise, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Place bananas in a small microwave-safe bowl. Top with brown sugar,
- vanilla and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted,
- stirring once. Spoon banana mixture into bowls; top with ice cream.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup banana mixture with 1/4 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream equals 211 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.