Cinnamon-Spiced Bananas Recipe
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place bananas in a small microwave-safe bowl. Top with brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted, stirring once. Spoon banana mixture into bowls; top with ice cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon-Spiced Bananas
"Loved it! I also used 1 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda brown sugar blend and we used the bananas as French toast topping. Yum!"
"My family loved this. Absolutely delicious. We think that this will be a wonderful topping on Waffles and Pancakes and a filling in Crepes as well."
"this is my all-time fave snack and my hubby loves it"
"I liked this recipe and would have rated it a 4. But, I served it to 3 other adults and 5 children, all of whom rated it only 2 or 3 stars, some because of taste and some texture. All would have preferred to eat a plain ordinary banana with the ice cream on the side. So, I won't be making this again."
"Awesome!!!!! I used 1 1/2 Tbs of brown sugar splenda and a good brand of low fat sugar free icecream."
"Really yummy! The topping doesn't look like enough for three large bananas, but it is!"