The whole family will love this special treat that uses the microwave so it’s ready in a flash. Plus, it’s a delicious way to jazz up bananas and add more fruit to your diet. Janet Hommes — Surprise, Arizona
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Place bananas in a small microwave-safe bowl. Top with brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted, stirring once. Spoon banana mixture into bowls; top with ice cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Spiced Bananas in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p43
Reviews for Cinnamon-Spiced Bananas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review