If you’re feeling festive, scoop some vanilla ice cream over a bowl of my cinnamon spiced apples. They’re homey, aromatic and just plain heavenly. —Amie Powell, Knoxville, TN
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Place apples in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Top with butter. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until apples are tender, stirring halfway. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Spiced Apples in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Cinnamon Spiced Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review