Cinnamon-Spice French Toast
This terrific, single-serving recipe is from Angela Sansom of New York, New York. The cinnamon and nutmeg give the French toast an extra tasty twist; which just goes to prove that breakfast for one can be fun!
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices day-old whole wheat or white bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add bread one slice at time, and soak both sides.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium heat; toast bread until golden
- brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1