This terrific, single-serving recipe is from Angela Sansom of New York, New York. The cinnamon and nutmeg give the French toast an extra tasty twist; which just goes to prove that breakfast for one can be fun!
Featured In: Homemade Syrup Recipes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices day-old whole wheat or white bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add bread one slice at time, and soak both sides.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium heat; toast bread until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Spice French Toast in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p11
Reviews for Cinnamon-Spice French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
"just what I was looking for grandma's recipe..added some fruits and was on memory lane.. thanks"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011