- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and sour cream. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Brush with egg white; sprinkle each with half of the walnut mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Sour Cream Pinwheels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Sour Cream Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2014
"Made these today and still the best. I submitted this receipt and always enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee or tea."