Cinnamon Snowflake Ornaments Recipe
Fill your home with the scent of Christmas with these lovely non-edible spice ornaments. Thread a narrow ribbon through them and hang them on your tree, in the window, from the chandelier, or as a swag by the fireplace. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + drying YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup applesauce
- Approximately 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Royal icing and edible glitter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and spices; mix well until a stiff dough forms, adding additional cinnamon if needed.
- 2. On a board dusted with additional cinnamon, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutters dipped in cinnamon. Reroll scraps. Place cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Make a hole with a plastic straw about 1/2 in. from the top of each ornament.
- 3. Bake at 200° for 20-30 minutes. Remove to paper towels to dry thoroughly. When completely dry and cool, string a ribbon strip through each hole; tie the ends together to form a loop. Decorate ornaments as desired with royal icing and glitter. Yield: about 10 (4 inch ornaments).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC